"what i've said, that will i bring about & what i've planned, that will i do." isaiah 46:11
.

Monday, September 25, 2006

my pappy...


well, i lost my pappy tonight... he was well into his years & had lived a long life, but it's still hard when they're gone... he was a very good man, hard worker & father of 4 daughters (my mother being the youngest)... when i was younger, they tell me that all my older cousins called him papaw, but then i came along & i called him pappy, but he was alright with it... i know i've heard stories where they say i'd take a big handpicked bouquet of flowers to him & say, "i picked you some fluffies"... i know he got upset as they were his flowers that he'd worked so hard on & there i was at 3 years or so, pulling them all up!... here's a picture of him in these later years along with my mother... he'll for sure be missed, but i know he's in a much better place where 'fluffies' are all around him & no one will pick them!!... he's with my memaw & their daughter kay & many other family members as well... we miss you pappy, but we'll see you again soon... we love you... toodle-doo (the same word he said every night before retiring to bed)...

No comments: