"what i've said, that will i bring about & what i've planned, that will i do." isaiah 46:11
.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

~ WE'RE HOME & HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! ~

well, i'll write tomorrow all about our florida vacation (which was wonderful), but wanted to pop on here for a minute & make 1 post for father's day ~ i wanted to share how blessed i am to not only have the best father in the world as my dad, but also to be married to another one of the best father's in the world ~ spike's my best friend & the best father that anyone could ever ask for ~ he's great with our children from adults (dustin) to teens (brit) to toddlers (kiara, ruby & karleigh) ~ he's there when we need him for guidance, support, encouragement & love, but still gives us space when it's needed as well ~ he'll never know how happy & blessed i feel to call him mine ~ when god brought him into my life in 1990, i had no idea what was in store ~ he showed me who spike was, inside & out & told me (verbally) i was to marry him ~ it wasn't a hard decision for me, but believe me, i wasn't 'looking' for a man & was a bit surprised when he showed up! ~ we began dating the night we met (at church) & went for pizza afterwards ~ we dated every weekend from then until the day we married just 7 months later ~ he's been all that god said he'd be & sooooooo much more ~ i look forward to him coming home in the evenings & strive to be to him, what he is to me on a daily basis (i fail SO miserably) ~ i know he got the raw end of the deal in this marriage & i hate that, but am truly trying to show him & not just tell him, what he means to me (i feel this way, but he says he doesn't... just for the record) ~ spike, thank you once again for who you are, what you've done for this family & for being you & loving me (& our children) ~ when we married it was just us 3, then we added 'just 1 more', then we added '1 more', then we added 'only 1 more' & then we added 'the LAST one' ~ we're a complete family & you made that happen & i thank you publically as i do privately on a regular basis ~ without you, none of this would've been possible ~ thank you for listening to god & for allowing me to bug you from time to time without you hating me for it ~ we all love you more than anything ~ lori, dustin, brit, kiara, ruby & karleigh (your 'bunch')

No comments: