"what i've said, that will i bring about & what i've planned, that will i do." isaiah 46:11
.

Friday, December 21, 2007

- A CHRISTMAS DIVORCE -

A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York a week before Christmas & says, "I hate to ruin your holiday season, but I've to tell you that your mother & I are divorcing - forty-five years of misery's enough". "Dad, what are you talking about?" the son asks. "We can't stand the sight of each other any longer", the father says. "We're sick of each other & I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago & tell her. Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced", she shouts, "I'll take care of this". She calls Phoenix immediately & screams at her father, "You're NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back & we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing" & hangs up. The old man hangs up his phone & turns to his wife. "Okay", he says, "they're coming for Christmas & paying their own way"!

No comments: