"what i've said, that will i bring about & what i've planned, that will i do." isaiah 46:11
.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

- SPREADING LOVE ALL AROUND LAST NIGHT -

well, love was sure being shared last night - now you all get your heads out of the gutter & listen to what i'm going to say here! - i stayed up until 2am (why do i do this to myself???) - at 3:45 i hear, "MOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMY" (yes, as you can see from my typing, ruby didn't even take a breath when she yelled either & nothing was wrong!) - here i go running as quickly as my thunder thighs could go, got to her gate (yes, my girls are gated) & signed, "what?" - she then smiled angelically, signed 'mommy' + 'hug' + 'i love you' - awww, how sweet (wish it was during daylight hours, but sweet none the less & i loved it) - i hugged her, kissed her, told her goodnight & she went back to bed - i got back to sleep about 4:15 & was sleeping peacefully until 5:15 when i hear, "mooooooommmmmmmyyyyyyy" (yes, as you can see by my typing, karleigh was long & drawn out & nothing was wrong!) - here i go running as quickly as hippo hips would allow me to, got to her gate (yes, my girls are gated) & couldn't see a blasted thing! - do you all know how hard it is to see 3 BROWN bear cubs in a pitch BLACK room... IMPOSSIBLE!!!! - i jumped (yep, i did) over the gate, made my way to the bed where the soft sound came from & as i whispered to whomever had called for me, "what?" (very softly) i hear karleigh say, "mommy, i needed 1 more hug & 1 more kiss from you before i can go to sleep - awww, how sweet (wish it was during daylight hours, but sweet none the less & i loved it) - i gave her 1 more hug & 1 more kiss & she drifted off to sleep - i got back to sleep about 5:30 just to be awakened again at 6 to get ruby up & on the bus - we raced through our normal morning routine & she was on the bus at 6:30 - i then went back to bed for 1 hour, as i've got to get up at 7:30 to get kiara up & on the bus - i savored that hour let me tell you & then my alarm rang out like an emergency siren in the night - i got up, walked into the girls' room, trying to be quiet as to not wake karleigh - i grabbed kiara, stood her upright & tried getting her to move quickly, but ever so quietly out the door - she stopped to stretch, but i didn't say anything as she was being so quiet & i thought when she finished, she'd move quickly out of the room - she finished (still in the room), turned, looked at me & in a boomin' voice said, "MOMMY, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!" - awww, how sweet (wish it was when we were out of the room where a sleeping child's laying, but sweet none the less & i loved it) - it was later in the day i thought about all the love that had been spread to me throughout those 4+ hours sleep i received & even though it wasn't at the most convenient time of the day (or night in this case) it was so appreciated & i'd certainly go without sleep to be able to hear my little ones call out for me in the night... just to say they love me (i'm humbled)

No comments: