"what i've said, that will i bring about & what i've planned, that will i do." isaiah 46:11
.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

- Dustin -

this was sent to me just now from a good friend of ours - he wasn't sending this to me to get me to panic, but instead to let me know what we're up against...
`
"Hi, Thanks for the info on Dustin. I can't believe they placed him in Westville. That's not a good place for him. I've a buddy of mine from years ago up there & he hates it there. Of course it's not supposed to be a fun place, but I've been there to visit & its a rough place. My cousin who works at Plainfield started his career in the prison system there & said it was one of the worst places he's ever worked. I guess there's a lot of stuff that goes on there that gets people in trouble. I guess the black guys are really rough on the white ones. I don't say this to upset you, but to let you know it's not a nice place & for Dustin to be on the look out. I hope he can get a job & stay away from those guys. I guess they live in like "dorms" so that's good, but I pray God will protect him while he's there. It's such a long drive there. You're correct about being 3 hours away. It's in the middle of no where! Well, now that I've given you the "horrible news", I hope & pray that God will speak to him while he's there. I do know you can take up to $20 in quarters to spend while you are there. You visit in a large room with the rest of the inmates & there's candy, chip & drink machines for purchase. They're very strict on what you can bring in, so check that out too. I'd to get prior approval to visit & have my name added to the visitor list. Make sure he does that ASAP. I know you check in a building & go through metal detectors & then you've to walk outside to the "visitor's" building. I was there in the winter time & it was a cold walk. Hopefully it'll be warmer when you can visit with him. I'll write him & encourage him."
`
i received the information today on dustin & the address to write him - i've mentioned before during all this, that if anyone would like to write him for encouragement, please do so & some of you have...THANK YOU! - right now i'm asking/begging for all those that read this, to PLEASE send him letters of encouragement - i know it was his choice to do what he did, but it was a mistake that he can't take back now - it's something that he's got to live with from now on, but i'm not willing to let him sit there & not be able to talk to anyone or read anything good that's going on in the world, etc. - i'll write him everyday if i have to, but would love it if some of you would do the same - consider him a 'pen pal' if you will & encourage him - you'd want the same for your son/daughter, wouldn't you?
`
for those of that will do this, please email me FIRST at ChatterboxLS@aol.com, giving me your address, so he can add it to his 'mail list' - here's the address of where you can write him - thank you
`
Westville Correctional Facility
Dustin Wayne Shepler #198634
5501 South 1100 West
Westville, IN 46391

No comments: