"what i've said, that will i bring about & what i've planned, that will i do." isaiah 46:11
.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

~ MY BLOG MATERIAL ~

well, anytime something happens in our family that's funny, weird, odd, embarrassing, etc. i bring up that it'll make 'good blog material' & my mother panics as she knows i'll do it & a lot of the time, it's about her ~ she's always saying, "lori, people that read your blog are going to think we're stupid idiots ~ you've got to stop putting things about us in there!" ~ well, this afternoon we'd stopped at dad & mom's as we'd to drop something off there, right after church ~ while there, my dad was being goofy & acting up (as usual) ~ we got ready to leave & as i looked back to say goodbye, this' what i saw peering out of the bushes at me
my dad
be afraid, be VERY afraid as this' what i grew up with ~ after growing up with him as the 'leader of the home', it's only by the grace of god that i'm normal (VERY normal) ~ he's always pulling pranks (as is my brother, aaron) & being silly ~ some of my most embarrassing moments growing up were:
* having to be driven to school by my father as my car was broke down (keep in mind it was high school... ie: wanting to look cool, not wanting your friends to see you parents driving you, etc.) ~ well, he gladly said he'd do it & didn't mind at all, BUT........... he was driving a dump truck at the time to earn extra money & had just painted it bumblebee yellow (bright) & yes, you guessed it, that's what he drove me in - TO HIGH SCHOOL!!! ~ not only did he drive me in that yellow dump truck, but i begged him to pull away as soon as i exited the 'ole bumble' & to not let anyone see him in the truck as we lived in a small town & everyone knew everyone ~ well, pops drove me all right, dropped me off at the right door & drove off as soon as i got out, but not before blasting the fog horn that was mounted on that thing for all of pendleton to hear!!!

* having your brother (pictured below) who's 3 years younger than me get his license & again drive me to school, but make me ride on the floorboard so as to 'not be seen with his sister' & if that wasn't bad enough............I DID IT!

aaron, my brother

here's a few more funny pics of our family (brit will KILL me so shhhh, don't tell her!)

my honey

doesn't spike have sexy legs~?!?! brit.. shhh! kiara ruby karleigh

even though they're crazy, i wouldn't change my family for anything in the world (all of them) ~ all i can say when people mention something about me being nuts, i just say, "i get it honestly, you should see my family!!" & it's true!! ~ PS mom/dustin, i don't have any funny pics of you both, but i'll for sure get some so i can 'share' with the world... hehehe {hugs}

No comments: