"what i've said, that will i bring about & what i've planned, that will i do." isaiah 46:11
.

Friday, May 9, 2008

- A HUGE SURPRISE! -

i just want those of you that were involved in my surprise baby shower know how very much i appreciated all the wonderful things that were purchased for our new daughter, Ahniér - it was a HUGE surprise as i 'thought' i was just meeting angela (caswell) for lunch & had no idea it was a 'big shindig'... for me!!
`
i walked in to see a huge diaper cake (theeeee cutest, let me tell ya!) & boxes, packages, bags, etc. FULL of stuff - we received everything from, diapers, tshirts, diaper bag, outfits, sleepers, rattles, photo books, bibs, nose sucker, nail clippers, gift cards, power, lotions, baby bath, shampoo, rattles, crib sheets, nightgowns, stuffed animals, hair ribbons, embroidery pillow, diaper baggie dispenser for dirty diapers, etc., etc., etc. - even though this' child #6 for us (& another girl), we were DONE at #5, so it was a bit of a shock even for us to find out we were adopting again, so even more of a testimony of how much these things are appreciated as we'd saved NOTHING from any of our children as... WE WERE DONE!
`
i've gotta admit i was speechless (yes, me!), as not only did i have no idea in the world, but that my best friend would go to all the trouble & work it took to put this all together - she lied (she's good at it) & said she needed the haitian camp mailing list (which i gave her as she's the one that puts on haitian camp with me every february, so it seemed ok) & now i'm finding out that's how some of you got involved!
`
i also find out all her kiddos knew & said nothing! - i had them all weekend long a couple weeks ago & not a word was spoken at all - i mentioned that today & was told, "I THREATENED 'EM!!
`
again, all i can really say's thank you from the bottom of my heart at your kindness & thoughtfulness you have all poured out, it was truly a blessing that was VERY unexpected
`
angela, you're my best friend in all the world & i appreciate not only you thinking of doing this & putting it all together, but for just being my friend - for loving my kids as much as if they were your own & for always being there - god will bless you, as you're a blessing to me - love ya!

No comments: