"what i've said, that will i bring about & what i've planned, that will i do." isaiah 46:11
.

Friday, August 31, 2007

- TROUBLE ON THE BUS, ALREADY?? -

oh my, she's already been scolded! - kiara's rode the bus just 6 days & i've already gotten a call from her bus driver via the teacher (eeek) - kiara just loves harry (the bus driver) & can't wait for him to come pick her up every morning - well, today i got a call from her teacher & she said, "well, did kiara mention what happened on the bus today?" - i said, "well, when she gets home, it's lunchtime (chaos), then it's naptime (quiet) & THEN we sit down & run through her day - today was no different so at this point when she called, kiara was still napping & i'd only heard of who she'd played with & what they played, on the short van ride home (about 1 minute drive)

she said that harry called her (the teacher) & informed her that kiara got on & sat down, but before they were even out of our neighborhood, she was asked to sit down, due to her standing up - from the time he gets her, until he drops her off at school, they only make a few stops in our neighborhood & the adjoining neighborhood - well, harry asked her again to sit down & apparently she wasn't obeying - this happened a few times so finally when she was responding to his request, mr. harry pulled the bus over, called her up to the front (in front of everyone & i know she must have been horrified!!) - he then proceeded to tell her how dangerous it was to ride on a bus while standing - he also said that her parents were expecting him to travel to the school & deliver her safely there & that she, if standing, might bump her head if they'd hit a bump - apparently at this point, the bus was dead quiet & she busted out bawling (loudly), sucking her thumb & saying, "I JUST NEED MY MOMMY TO HOLD ME!!" - he called her teacher to share with her what happened & why kiara might be upset - he told her he was about to phone me, but she said she would later so she could also tell me how kiara did today - i was on my cell when this was shared so afterwards i called home & talked to kiara

me: kiara, this' mommy
kiara: hi mommy
me: hello, i've got a question for you
kiara: what is it?
me: well, did something happen today that i need to know about?
kiara: (long pause) well..... yeah
me: what was it?
kiara: i told boo (brit) 'no' & signed it too
me: well, thanks for telling me, but that's not it, was there something else?
kiara: (long pause) well... yeah
me: what was it?
kiara: when they said the pledge of alliegiance in class, i didn't say it
me: well, thanks for telling me, but that's not it, was there something else?
kiara: (long pause) well, why don't you tell me what you know & i'll tell you if you're right!
me: something happen on the bus today?
kiara: OH YEAH!

she then shared what all happened & it was exactly what i'd heard from her teacher - i said, "did you say anything to harry after it was all finished?" she said, "yes, i told him i was sorry, i wouldn't do it again, asked him to forgive me & then told him that if they'd make seatbelts on buses, then i'd not be able to get up!" - UGH, somedays i feel so old!!

*lori*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

long distance service elite seo backlinks seo backlink